Home
Contact Us

3M Scotchgard Fabric Protector Review




What Benefits Do People Like You Get From This Product?



Wensley Hughes uses this products and says:
We own five rentals so last year when we bought and furnished a new one we purchased 5 cans of the spray. I applied it to a corduroy Sofa Loveseat and kitchen and dining room chairs; honestly I didn't know what to expect, but I followed the directions used four cans and off it went for a six month rental. I just got access to the home and although the unit was fairly dirty there e=were no stains or wear marks anywhere on any of the furniture; these were not the cleanest of people and I spent a lot of time cleaning the home. The best part of it was that I vacuumed the upholstery and it all came back looking like new. We have added another home and newly furnished it I ordered another five cans and coated a loveseat sofa chair kitchen chairs (4) dining room chairs (4) and two bar stools and I still have a can left. I also found out that by coating the outdoor furniture wicker with cushions that not a bit of mildew built up during the 6 month period; we are hoping for the same results this year and I will update this post after this season. It is easy to apply make sure it is well ventilated and wear a mask if you can. I hope you are as happy with the product as I am.


John Steve from Michigan uses this products and says:
I use this on my truck cloth seats, usually doing a light coat every spring. After 4 years, I have yet to see a spot on seats. It is easy to apply and drys quick. I put on a coat in the morning and let sit all day and overnight, cracking the windows in the day. I apply in warmer weather, and let the truck sit out in the sun to aid in drying and ventilation. Next day there is no noticeable odor, and seats are dry and looking just like the day I took delivery. I had not treated my previous truck seats and every bit of water showed if you had a beverage that was beading up even the water spots would not come out. I also use on new shoes, boots and it seems to help keep them looking cleaner and offers a bit of extra water resistance. Great product. It can be used after properly cleaning your car/truck seats just as well, just make sure to let the cleaning products dry out before applying.


Adam Anderson uses this products and says:
It works just like it should repelling water and other liquids. Like some others have mentioned it didn't go as far as I thought it would. I probably put too much on but it just didn't seem adequate to lightly mist it. For the cost savings of paying a furniture store to do it you can certainly buy another can. All in all I am very pleased with it.


James Willes uses this products and says:
Growing up I owned several pairs of white Keds and to keep them clean, my dad sprayed them with scotchgard. His pet peeve is dirty shoes and now (shockingly!) it's mine as well. So when I recently bought a couple pairs of TOMS shoes in a lighter color, I immediately needed to spray them with Scotchgard to protect them from stains, just like my dad. Application and smell was exactly as I remembered, they dried fast, and did not affect the colored fabric of the shoes. The Scotchgard does exactly as advertised, I got them a little wet and the water beaded-up on the shoes - fantastic! Evidently I am not the best walker because my heels always have scuff marks on them (I assume from scuffing on each other) and with the Scotchgard protected shoes, they are easily wiped clean. Scotchgard is a trusted name to protect belongings and continues to work as advertised. I am back to order more, so that I can Scotchgard everything in my life.


Mimi Rockfeller uses this products and says:
I was very curious as to what sort of results to expect from this product (bought it for our white sofa since the retailer's "protection plan" was a joke), so I decided to do a little experiment and apply red wine to a treated and untreated portion of material (photos added for you to see). The spill on the Scotchgarded portion beaded up while the unprotected portion soaked the wine up right away. I let it sit for a few minutes and eventually the wine did absorb into the material. When I tried to remove the stain from both sections (using only water), the red wine actually came out of the treated side while the untreated side appeared to be stained. The results were very impressive! I'm on the "what else can I apply this to?" bandwagon now. Amount needed - I treated an extra large sofa and a small fully upholstered chair with two coats each and used 4.5 cans (10 oz size). Found that using painters tape to mark the untreated areas helped me remember where I had or had not spayed since I couldn't really see a significant change in the fabric's appearance and when I would look away to open my second can of Scotchgard I would lose my place. Smell. If you've ever stepped into a small nail salon that applies acrylic nails, that's about what this stuff smells like to me. Since I currently live in a high rise, I was concerned about the ventilation requirements since I can only open a patio door and crack a window. I applied one coat to my sofa, got caught up on a phone call and didn't leave the room, causing a slight headache (totally my fault). When it came time for the second coat, I was sure to go to a different room after spraying the item and had no issues whatsoever. Just sharing my mistake in case anyone else without outdoor space is thinking of using this product - it's very possible and very much worth doing, but just be sure to leave the area until the odor dissipates.


John Matthews uses this products and says:
I recently bought a pair of nice Toms that I wanted to protect. So I searched around and found this product. After buying it and reading the directions it said that if after I spray a small part of the shoes with the protectant and wipe it with a paper towel if any color comes off not to use the product on that material. So low and behold the color came off my toms a little. After thinking about it I decided to take the chance and use it on them anyways, and I am very pleased with the result. The toms have remained stain free even after being rained on, having multiple beers spilled on it, etc. So moral of the story is that this stuff really works.



Can you still not afford to use this SM Scotgard Fabric Protector?
  • Your fabric and upholstery will be free from spills and stains.
  • Your silks and wools will be in good hands.
  • You will be protected from side effects as this products used aerosol.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More